Why I Started Waking Up at 5:30 AM And How It Changed My Life
Why I Started Waking Up at 5:30 AM and How It Changed My Life
Here are some tips I’d like to share with you that helped me a lot in my transformation from a night owl to an early bird:
- Open your curtains before going to bed. In the morning, you’ll be forced to wake up by the very first rays of the sun.
- Set a curfew for electronics. According to some studies, electronic devices make it more difficult for you to get to sleep because their blue light restrains the production of melatonin, the hormone that controls sleep cycles. So it’s not a bad idea to withdraw from your phone, tablet, and TV at least an hour before bed if you want to improve the quality of your sleep.
- Go to sleep earlier. If you decide to get up 2 hours earlier, go to bed at least 2 hours earlier than you’re used to. Only then will you get enough sleep. Having a hard time falling asleep? You can read in bed or listen to an audiobook for a bit — both these activities easily put me to sleep.
- Put your alarm across the room. If it’s right next to your bed, you’ll shut it off or hit snooze and fall asleep again. But if it’s out of your reach, it won’t be easy to continue sleeping. By the time you reach the alarm, you’ll be up.
- Go out of the bedroom right after getting up. Just start doing your morning ritual as soon as possible — go to the bathroom, brush your teeth. By the time you’ve done that, you’ll be awake enough to face the day.
- Make plans. Set something to do early in the morning that’s really important. This reason will motivate you to get up.
- Visualize. Comedian Jerry Seinfeld uses a calendar system to force himself to write his jokes. He has a big wall calendar and for every day that he writes new material, he puts a big red “X” on it. He aims to create an unbroken chain of these “X” marks for as long as he can. This is a great way to build a new lifestyle because it gives you a visual record of your success.
- Reward yourself. Find something that’s really pleasurable for you and allow yourself to do it as part of your morning routine. For me, it’s having a cup of tasty herbal tea or reading a good book. Your reward could be a delicious treat for breakfast, watching the sunrise, or meditating — anything you can take pleasure in.
Video: Waking up at 5AM is changing my life
Kate Moss for Liu Jo Spring 2012 Campaign
Womens Brixton Puebla Fedora
Solange Reveals What Its Like to Be Compared to Beyoncé
Talking With Children About the Newtown Shooting
The detested law might ultimately help drivers with another huge issue in the industry
How to Tell Your Best Guy Friend You Dont Like Him
Please, for the Love of God, Close the Toilet Lid When You Flush
Three ways to avoid Christmas weight gain
5 Tasty Ways To Eat More Pumpkin This Fall
Ways to treat bone cancer
Bicycle Crunch Exercise for Your Obliques
Date: 15.12.2018, 05:45 / Views: 62431