4 New Ways to Use Epsom Salt
How to Use Epsom Salt
Epsom salt can be considered to be one of the easiest ways to sooth sore feet but also act as a household cleaning agent around the home. Integrating Epsom salt into everyday living is easy and a non-toxic way to accomplish a variety of tasks.
Use Epsom Salt for the Body
Brush your teeth with Epsom salt for an extra clean smile.Not only will Epsom salt whiten your teeth it will also help in the fight against periodontal disease.
- Combine one part Epsom salt with one part water. Make sure you mix well and fully integrate salt into the water.
- Dip toothbrush into mixture and brush well. Gargle with salty mixture and then spit. Rinse mouth with clean, cool water.
Sooth sore feet by soaking them in an Epsom salt bath.An Epsom salt bath will also help minimize corns or painful tendinitis.
- Fill a small bucket or personal pedicure system with warm water. Consider filling it with boiling water and then allowing it to cool until you can comfortably place feet in water.
- Add one to two cups of Epsom salt to the water and swish with your feet. Rub your feet along the salt grains to break it down and get it into sore or painful areas.
- Sit with feet in the salt bath until water cools. If you want to continue your soak, consider adding a few cups of hot water and mix.
Exfoliate rough skin by combining Epsom salt and olive oil to create a natural skin scrub.
- Combine two parts olive oil to one part Epsom salt in a small dish. If possible, heat the oil slightly so it is warm during application.
- Using clean hands, apply the oil scrub to your face and rub using a circular motion. Perform this step over the sink as the oil will drip off your face.
- Rinse with warm water and mild face soap. Pat skin dry with a clean towel.
Remove blackheads naturally using Epsom salt, iodine and boiling water.Instead of squeezing or using other harsh methods, remove blackheads naturally using only a few household ingredients.
- Combine ½ cup of boiling water with 3 drops of iodine and 1 tsp. Epsom salt.
- Stir and allow mixture to cool to touch. You want the mixture to be warm enough to loosen stubborn blackheads without scalding or harming the skin.
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply to the blackhead. Gently dab on blackhead and leave overnight.
Boost magnesium levels in your body by bathing in Epsom salt.Physicians know that it is difficult to get a sufficient amount of magnesium through our daily diet, but it is readily absorbed other ways. Soak three times a week for the optimal amount.
- Add a cup of Epsom salt to a warm bath and soak for up to 30 minutes or until water cools.
- Consider using the natural olive oil/Epsom salt scrub while you are soaking in the tub for added effect.
Integrate Epsom Salt for Home and Garden
Use as a natural deterrent against neighborhood raccoons.Annoyed with a family of raccoons feasting on your garbage? Instead of laying down dangerous poison or a trap, use a natural way to keep them away.
- Sprinkle Epsom salt on the garbage can lid at night. For added effect, encircle the can with salt--the taste of salt will send raccoons looking for somewhere else to dine.
- Consider lining the area where you keep your garbage cans with Epsom salt on an ongoing basis. Eventually the woodland creatures will get the message that dining at your house is off limits.
Mix with water for a greener, lush lawn.Especially during the beginning of the season, when your grass is returning from its winter slumber, add Epsom salt to your watering cycle to return it to its original green, lush state.
- Add 2 tablespoons to every gallon of water used to water your lawn. If you use an underground watering system, consider lightly sprinkling it directly on the grass during the watering cycle and allow it to absorb with the groundwater.
Whiten floor tiles when mixed with liquid dish soap.If you are having trouble keep white or light floor tiles looking their best, add Epsom salt to regular dish soap for the cleanest clean.
- Combine ½ cup of Epsom salt to a gallon of warm sudsy water. Add more salt if your floor tiles are especially dirty.
- Using a scrub brush, apply the mixture to your tile and scrub well. Pay close attention to the grout too--you may need to add a little ammonia to the mixture if you still have trouble getting grout clean.
- Rinse with clean water. Buff floors with a clean towel to reveal a new, bright floor.
Fertilize your garden using Epsom salt.Looking for the richest, most delicious fruits and vegetables this season? Add Epsom salt to your regular watering routine to not only boost flavor, but also color and even size.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of Epsom salt to a gallon of water and then sprinkle over plants. Be sure you soak each plant well with the mixture.
- Add plant food immediately following the water cycle to aid in plant nutrient ingestion. Because Epsom salt boosts magnesium levels in plants it strengthens its ability to absorb nutrients, making fertilization following the water cycle imperative.
QuestionCan I use Epsom salt for psoriasis?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you have psoriasis, Epsom salt baths can help. The mineral-rich bath water can help soften, smooth and soothe skin. It can also help keep skin soft and prevent wrinkles.Thanks!
QuestionCan I put Epsom salt around plants without hurting them?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, but it should not touch their stems.Thanks!
QuestionCan I use epsom salt to treat a gallbladder problem?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, you can. Mix it with olive oil, water, and lemon. There are detoxes online. Just Google "gallbladder stone natural detox methods".Thanks!
QuestionCan I add Epsom salts to my bathing soap to enhance my skin whitening process?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, the salt gives your whitening part of soap dissolve more easily thus make your skin can absorb it better.Thanks!
QuestionCan I ingest Robertson's Epsom salt?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, you can drink a mixture of one dose of Robertson's Epsom salt as stated on the bottle.Thanks!
QuestionIf I have an open sore where a blood blister has been opened, is it safe to soak it in epsom salt water?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, that's safe, but it's unnecessary.Thanks!
QuestionCan I use Epsom salt to treat swollen ankles?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerI've done this and it really works! Soak feet and ankles in a gallon bucket of warm water and 1/2 cup Epsom salt for 20 to 30 minutes.Thanks!
QuestionDoes it hurt my plants if I water my plants with Epsom salt?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerI do that, and I have had no problems. I determine the amount by the herb/plant. For example, if it is marjoram, I add 1/2 pinches to rain water (that I've harvested) in a litre bottle, shake well, and dispense. I usually do it after cutting, and I usually harvest every other week. For my large fruit trees, I use my discretion. I get better harvests when I do this.Thanks!
QuestionCan the Epsom salt be used for carrots and cabbages?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can use it as a natural bug repellent, but it won't increase the production of the carrots or cabbages.Thanks!
QuestionCan I use Epsom salt on my lawn to make it greener?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes. Just add equal parts sugar and sprinkle away. Regular processed sugar is best.Thanks!
Will soaking in Epsom salt help with fibromyalgia?
Does Epsom Salt help hydrangeas to produce flowers
What are the chemical and trace element percentages in Epsom salts?
I'm a leucoderma patient. Can I use epsom salts for my bathing?
Can an Epson salt bath water be saved to use another day?
You can use Epsom salt in a wide variety of ways. For instance, you can brush your teeth with a combination of Epsom salt and water for a cleaner, whiter smile. If your feet are sore after a long day, fill a small bucket or bath with warm water and add 1-2 cups of Epsom salt, then soak your feet until the water cools. You can also add Epsom salt when you’re watering your lawn to get lush, green grass.
- Combine Epsom salt with your favorite shampoo to remove dead skin cells and revitalize your scalp.
- When using Epsom salt for foot pain relief, consider using a personal pedicure system. A personal pedicure system not only has a heating element, it also has certain settings designed specifically to relieve foot pain.
- Epsom salt can be used as a laxative to remove constipation and promote weight loss.
- Ingest Epsom salt with care. Too much can cause diarrhea and is considered to a laxative.
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Italiano: , Português: , Русский: , Español: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: How To Use Epsom Salt in 7 Ways
8 Best Natural Laundry Detergents That Can Remove The Nastiest Of Stains
7 Nail Trends Everyone Will Want to Try in 2019
40 Ways to Wear Short-Shorts and Not LookCheap
How to Update Payment Information on Netflix
How to Accept That You Have a Mental Illness
The Clothing Beauty Items Eva Mendes Cant Live Without This Fall
How to Bowl an Outswinger in Cricket
Karlie Kloss X L’oreal Paris
Here is the promised quiz: How Well Do You Move Quiz Statistics and Answer Key
10 Easy Ways To Save Money On Dry Cleaning
The Best Haircuts for CurlyHair