How To Take Care Of A Li Hua Cat | Things to Know About Li Hua Cat
How to Take Care of a Li Hua Cat
Taking care of a Li Hua cat is not unlike taking care of most other cats. Feed your cat a healthy diet and keep it hydrated with water. Brush your cat once each week, checking for fleas, wounds, and other sorts of skin irritation. Finally, trim its claws, brush its teeth, and ensure it is happy and receives adequate stimulation.
Grooming the Cat
Brush your cat weekly.Start at your cat’s head and brush gently down toward its tail. Work on one section at a time, and be sure to brush its sides, chest, and abdomen.
- The Li Hua breed has a short coat and therefore requires minimal brushing. Brushing once a week should be adequate.
- Brushing reduces your cat’s hairballs and the amount of hair that gets left strewn about the house.
Check your cat’s skin.Before a brushing session, check your cat’s skin for wounds, redness, bald patches, or other signs of irritation. If you notice these or similar symptoms that your cat has been scratching or suffering from irritated skin, contact your vet.
Use the right brush.Li Hua cats don’t have an undercoat, so there is no need to use an undercoat rake. Instead, use a brush with bristles that aren’t too dense and stiff. An angled wire brush is your best option for this breed.
- You might also find a rubber brush useful for removing dead hair.
Use a flea comb.During your regular brushing session, use a flea comb to check for flea excreta. Flea excreta looks like small comma-shaped specks of dirt, and will get caught in the flea comb. If you’re not sure if you’ve found flea excreta, place the offending speck on a paper towel and place a drop of water on it. If it runs red, it is flea excreta. Contact your vet for treatment options.
Trim your cat’s nails.To trim your Li Hua’s nails, use a pair of clippers appropriate for a pet. Clip the claw with a firm squeeze of the clippers, then continue onto the next.
- To get your cat’s claw to extend, only squeeze the individual toe pads, not the whole paw.
Brush your cat’s teeth.Ideally, you will brush your Li Hua cat’s teeth once daily, but once weekly is better than nothing. To get started, sit your cat on your lap. Apply a bit of feline toothpaste to a pet toothbrush or a finger brush (a thimble-sized brush with short bristles designed for pets). Scrub the outer faces of the teeth in a gentle up-and-down motion.
- Talk to your cat in a reassuring tone throughout the brushing session.
- Do not use human toothpastes when cleaning your cat’s teeth.
Feeding Your Cat
Choose food that your cat likes.There are many types of cat food, and like people, cats have varying tastes. Some cats like dry food, others like semi-moist food, and still others like canned food. Any of these foods are acceptable as long as they have a complete nutritional profile.
- Cat foods vary not only by texture, but by flavor. Feed your cat a variety of flavors – for instance, chicken, tuna, and salmon. When you find a cat food that your cat seems to eat with gusto, feed it to your cat regularly.
Pick healthy cat food.To identify healthy cat food, check the ingredients label. Healthy cat food will list meat, meat byproducts, or seafood among its first few ingredients. Additionally, check the cat food container for a statement of support from the Association of American Feed Control Offices or a similar organization. Such a statement ensure that the cat food meets the high standards the organization has agreed upon.
Manage your cat’s diet.Li Hua cats are generally free of health problems, but like all house cats, they are prone to grow obese. Watch your cat’s weight carefully. Your vet will let you know during your cat’s biannual checkup whether your Li Hua is overweight, and provide direction for dietary adjustments if necessary.
- Most cats need to eat twice daily.
- When you feed your cat, do not leave the food dish out all day. This will encourage your cat to overeat.
Provide fresh water daily.Cats need water to regulate their body temperature and digest their food. Each day, empty, clean, and refill your cat’s water dish.
- Use a ceramic or glass water bowl. Avoid flimsy plastic and tin water bowls, as they tend to spill more easily. Additionally, plastic water bowls may leak the chemicals used in their manufacture into the water.
- Do not use milk as a substitute for water.
Entertaining Your Cat
Provide your cat with a scratching post.Your Li Hua cat will love having a scratching post to work its claws and legs. With a scratching post, your cat will get to scratch, and your furniture will stay safe from its claws.
Play with your cat.Li Hua cats are quite sociable and enjoy spending time with their humans. Roll a ping-pong ball or throw a crumpled piece of paper across the room. Your cat will have loads of fun chasing after it.
Set up a cat house.There are many types of cat houses, but most are arrangements of padded cubes and cylinders that your cat can jump and hide in. This will allow your Li Hua to act on its instinct to jump and climb on elevated perches.
- You can get a cat house from most pet stores.
- Consult manufacturer directions for more information about setting up your cat house.
Consider another pet.With another cat in the house, or even a dog, your cat will always have a companion when you’re not around. If you have the space and finances available for a second pet, think about growing your furry family. Together, your Li Hua and your second pet can snuggle and play whenever they wish.
- Adding a second pet is especially a good idea if you spend a great deal of time out of the house.
Video: Li 4A take care of Texas contest
This is the best-selling dress at John Lewis at the moment
The Endless Vacation: 15 Epic Surf Lodges
14 New Books You Need to Read This February
The Shortest, Sweetest Workout You’ll Ever Do
How to Operate Multiple Computers With One Keyboard and Monitor
10 luxury ski chalets that will make you buy a lottery ticket immediately
40 Italian Flag Tattoo Ideas For Men – Italy Designs
Alexa Chung Dishes On Gossip Girl, American Fashion, Her New TVShow
How to Get Rid of Yellowness in Gray Hair
How to Start Your PMP Application