How to Make a Good Original Character
How to Roleplay As an Insane Character
So you've really started to get into roleplay, and you're wondering how to roleplay insane characters. They can be hard to roleplay, because you need to get the correct amount of insanity or else it will just turn out to be an annoying character. Well, here's how to.
Watch and Learn
Watch anime, movies and cartoons where characters go insane.After those examples, write down a few lines they said that really evoke the "insane" vibe for your particular character.
- Some insane characters may play mind games, seek to manipulate or harm others. In some cases, such as Sonozaki Shion, they may even kill people.
- Other insane characters are highly intelligent or creative. For example, think of The Mad Hatter in Tim Burton'sAlice in Wonderland. Understand that creativity and insanity often dance very closely together.
Go to a role play, improvisation (improv), or acting class and spectate.You never know if an insane character will pop up and really stoke your inspiration.
- If possible, watch a recorded role play, perhaps from YouTube or similar video sites online. Study what these characters are doing and the way in which they portray insanity successfully.
Aim to be realistic.Remember that an insane character is not annoying! If you see a good starting insane character who then becomes annoying, don't use this character as your model.
- Some things that can count as being annoying include: Laughing too much, saying constantly stupid things, losing the plot too often, etc. Always be ready to roleplay an insane character with an edge of intelligence and sensitivity.
Enter a role play and be an insane character.As already stated, there is a thin line between insane and annoying, so be sure to steer clear of this.
- Don't laugh every five minutes. Laugh when it is appropriate for your character. For example, if your character is evilly insane, he or she might laugh if a character dies or if your character kills a character in roleplay mode.
- If your character likes pain, roleplay someone who inflicts pain on others and doesn't care about the feelings or pain of others.
- Don't threaten to kill (in role play) every single time someone comes near you––this soon turns dull and lessens the intelligent enjoyment of the game.
- Swear words may suit some characters, but are not required to make an insane character sound even more insane. Only use these if it is appropriate for the character in question.
Make your insane character.Write a dialogue for him or her. Make it sound as if they are really insane, both within themselves (a tortured or a vacant soul) and out (uncaring, quirky, mysterious, unpredictable, threatening, retreating, etc.).
- Write down an insanity level. This will give you the bold outline that is needed.
QuestionWhy not actually do research on mental disorders, instead of making terrible generic characters?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDoing good research on the mental disorder in question is definitely key to acting more like someone who suffers from that illness.Thanks!
QuestionDoes it help if I am actually insane?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo. You don't need to be insane to act insane.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do insane people think?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThey think a wide range of thoughts, just like everyone else.Thanks!
QuestionWhat are some outlines for an insane character?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOften an insane character has a signature look. Develop one by choosing strange accessories.Thanks!
QuestionWhich is the better phrase: "I'm not insane. My brain is just different" or "I'm not insane. I'm just unhinged"?Daniel mansonCommunity AnswerIt's definitely better if you say, "I'm not insane. My brain is just different."Thanks!
QuestionHow do I go insane without having to roleplay?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerProbably the same as in roleplay, but instead of pretending, try to adapt your character's habits.Thanks!
- Look at a range of anime, movies, cartoons, etc. to get ideas. Reading about real insanity on reputable sites can help you to fit inside the character with greater understanding too.
- Some people just want to be mad and crazy! If you are one of them just let it OUT! Show that you are an amazing actor.
- It can take a long time to master this skill so don’t get discouraged!
- If you’re roleplaying the Joker, pick one Joker voice and stick with it.
Video: ASMR Crazy Inappropriate Psychology Teacher Roleplay
8 High-Protein Plants Every Vegetarian Needs To Grow
How to Film Interviews
5 Shortcuts to make yourself more valuable
Kim Kardashian Admits How She Really Feels About Pregnancy
Geri gets teary for Spice documentary
White Beans for Weightloss
How to Raise Money at Home
How to Use a Food Dehydrator
The 10-Minute Solution That Gave This Woman A Flat Belly At Age 50
How to Increase Your Capacity to Channel Reiki Energy
7 Tips To Help You Stay Hydrated
Yes, Kanye West Must Have Just Cleaned Out Kim Kardashians Wardrobe Again
Las redes sociales, el nuevo escenario para el linchamiento público