3 DIY Journal Design Ideas | Notebook designs | AiiMADEit
How to Make a Personalized Journal
Get the journal you are going to decorate.A composition notebook works the best, but you can use another kind if you would like.
Open the notebook in the middle, and lay the book down flat so that the cover is facing up and the pages are facing down and are touching the surface you are working on.
Get some aluminum/tin foil and cover your notebook with it, leaving a couple extra inches on the sides of the notebook so that you will be able to tape it later.
Carefully flip the notebook around and fold the edges of the foil (the extra inches) around the cover and tape them.(Now your outside cover should be completely covered by foil. The inside of the cover should have a couple inches over it that are taped down.)
Take your magazines and cut out letters that spell out your name, pictures you like, words you like, quotes you like, flowers, clothes, etc.Then you can tape all these words and images (and your name!) onto the journal. You can decorate both the front and back cover with these words and pictures.
Take a clear packing tape and line the whole book with it.This is so that the pictures you have taped on will not fall off or get ruined. (Make sure you let a couple inches of the tape overlap the cover like you did with the foil so that the tape will wrap around to the inside.)
Enjoy your personalized journal - no one has a journal exactly like yours!Write your dreams, hopes, fears, wishes, and feelings into this journal.
QuestionWhat is the best color for girl?Hp345Community AnswerPink and purple are what people often consider "girl colors," but use whatever color you like the most, its your own personalized journal!Thanks!
QuestionCan I paint the cover of my notebook?Hp345Community AnswerSure! Just put some newspaper under the notebook and around you for easy cleanup.Thanks!
QuestionCan't I just use newspaper/foam? Can I write on the cover?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, you can! This is your journal, do whatever you want. The steps here are just ideas, use your own inspiration.Thanks!
QuestionWhy do I have to put on foil?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSo that the color of the original notebook won't be seen, and so that the whole book is one color.Thanks!
QuestionCan I put stickers and pictures of places I want to visit?Danica BCommunity AnswerYes, you can. Since it's your journal, you can do whatever you like, just express yourself.Thanks!
QuestionCan I make it a different color?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, you can. Do whatever you like best.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I do if foil is illegal in my country?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou don't want to get in trouble, so just skip the foil.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is the best way for there to be no mess?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerPut a cloth down underneath the journal while you are working on it.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If you don't have aluminum foil, it's possible to wrap your journal in wrapping paper as well.
- You can use pictures/words from magazines of anything you like. Sports, pets, fashions, instruments, pictures of you and your friends, quotes, flowers, words of things you like, such as "music", "friends", "school", etc.
- It is nice when you cut out letters that spell your name, and then tape your name on your journal front and center!
- If you have a favorite theme, like cows, or ducks, or anything, add those to the design of your journal.
- Try using a bunch of letters cut out from a magazine, then add them to the cover! Make sure they're all different sizes and fonts, and use them to spell out words.
- If you have a book cover that fits your journal, you can use it as a "disguise", helping to hide your journal from potentially prying eyes. Then you can decorate the cover of your actual journal, while feeling confident that it will remain "secret" and private.
- Do not use magazines that aren't yours. You mom/dad/brother/sister will be very mad if you cut up a magazine that they still wanted. It is best to use your own magazines or old magazines that no one wants anymore.
Video: Making a Journal For Beginners, Step by Step Process | DIY Make a Memory Book | Scrap booking Basics
Adidas x Talenthouse Sunglasses
Carol Vorderman asks fans for help as she reveals she’s suffering from this unusual menopause symptom
How to Hem Knit Fabrics
The Last Surviving Gone With the Wind Cast Member Is Turning 101
Health benefits of long pepper
How to Sleep Better when You Have Psoriasis
Can Blood Test Predict Breast Cancer Risk
Are You Thinking Yourself Sick
Christina Aguilera Covers Our October Issue and Gets Real About Her Rivalry with Britney and Why She Wont Date a Celeb
How to DogSit when You Have Your Own Dog
Nina Ricci SpringSummer 2019 Collection Comes Infused with Bogotá Sunset Hues
Broiled Salmon with Gingery Cucumber Salad
Would you propose to your partner
Hungry, Hungry Heart
Date: 10.12.2018, 16:36 / Views: 81184