10 Sure Signs a Guy Likes You
How to Know if a Boy Likes You in Sixth Grade
Yes, we all know that it is true. From the time we young, we are starting to notice boys, and even starting to like them. Don't deny it; we all know it's true. So go on; read this page, and see what these boys do when they like you, in a highly difficult, but awesome part of your life: the 6th grade.
Check to see whether he is constantly looking at you, or (cough, cough) "looking" at the clock to have an excuse to turn around and look at you.The boy looks at you a ton; kids this age tend to do this.
- When you talk to him, see whether he usually avoids direct eye contact and smiles/blushes, if shy. If not shy, he will tend to gaze deeply into your eyes.
See whether he stalks you.Well, stalk is a bit strong of a word, but he tends to start "following" you around. Oh, you're going to throw something away? Hmm... this would be a fine time to clean out your binder, or get a drink? "Oh! All of the sudden I'm incredibly thirsty!" Going upstairs because you forgot your binder in the computer lab? He tags along; he forgot his, too, or some other excuse.
Be sympathetic, if he is shy:He tends to avoid close contact or close attention. He "coincidentally" ends up wherever you end up -- but if you actually approach him, he freezes up, looks at his feet, and starts rambling about some favorite video game. These are raging hormones: blushing (even trembling, voice breaking) and shy. He doesn't act like himself around you and is very, very awkward, and so he:
- Avoids eye contact.
- Starts talking to you about random, really geeky things (his new game/program).
- Acts crazy (but only around you) or tries to get your attention.
- Laughs his head off at your jokes.
- Starts singing when you are near? (Why? He wants to be cool).
- Just all in all acts very awkward? He cannot help this -- the hormones, anyway.
Be prepared for those boys who are "not" shy:If you are blessed to be one of the "popular" types, then you will probably be liked by a flirty, more confident boy. He will text you, forward you emails, and try to act all "cool" (e.g.: he may come up to you and say, "Oh, we went motorcycling this weekend, and I almost broke my arm... oh, it hurts!") He will also try to impress you by telling you about "brave" things he did, or by telling you how bad he is at a school subject.
- One thing he might say is, "Oh, I suck at math!" -- in hope that you will say something like: "You wanna come over and study then?"
- He may also touch you (he might press his arm against yours or across your shoulder to get your attention, brush by you, or even hug you).
Don't accept some teasing and annoying activities even if he is not just mean.If you have say, a pencil on your desk -- he flicks it off. You go and put it back up. He flicks it off again. You pick it up and put it in your binder, safe. He pushes your binder off, sigh. Despite the fact that, yes, he probably is doing this because he likes you, it doesn't make it any more right, and you have every right to tell him off.
- Watch out - some guys might just do this because they are mean, not because they like you.
Notice how he looks at you to test whether he should laugh (or not), i.e.: if he/you/someone tells a joke, and everyone cracks up -- now watch how if you are laughing harder than he is, then he will laugh more. But, if you aren't laughing, he will stop. He will also laugh the hardest at your jokes.
Ask a trusted friend to observe whether he says "Oh, where is -your name- today?" If you are absent, he tends to be the first to notice.
Glance around to see whether or not he looks happily at you when you walk in a room first thing in the morning, as if to say:"Oh good! You're here..."
Talk, flirt, and use groups to go to a movies together or go to playPutt-Putt Golf.
If he's shy try to get him to adjust to you.Like start talking to him more often. But if he doesn’t want to be bothered don't force.
QuestionWill he make jokes around you?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, if he makes more jokes around you than around other people, he might like you. Some boys this age will make mean jokes about you, but you can tell them to stop.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if he's a little shy and always tries to touch me — not inappropriately, but bumping into me by "accident" or trying to hug me when I feel down?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt means he likes you. If you like him back, let him hug you. If you don't, tell him to stop.Thanks!
QuestionIf I get the hint that he likes me, should I ask him about that?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could ask, but you might be wrong. You could ask his close friends instead.Thanks!
- If he smiles at you and is mentioning you to his friends or family, there's a pretty good chance he likes you.
- Be sympathetic, especially to shy, awkward boys. They cannot help being who they are.
The clock test:This is a good one to see whether he looks where you look, without looking directly at him, because that will cause him to look away. Stare straight ahead, then quickly glance at the clock, then as fast as possible, look back at him. Is he looking at the clock, too?
- The stalker test:Say, right in front of him to one of your friends, "Oh! I forgot to get my backpack! I'll be right back. No, you don't 'have to' come with me, just a second." If he follows you then he likes you so much that he has to go with you.
- The you vs. them test:Have a friend sit in the computer lab or at a desk or table with an open seat next to them, and one available next to you. Who does he go to sit by? If he is really shy he may sit by your friend, but look at you and listen to your every word.
- The class participation test:: Whenever you talk, see whether he is looking at you, if he doesn't look at other people that much -- and especially if he has to turn around to see you.
- If he laughs at something you say that is not funny this may be a sign, or just laughter.
- If he is always around you, for example when you are playing tag and he only runs after you then there is a possibility that he likes you.
- Pay attention whenever the boy tries to get your attention, or shows you something a lot; that can be a good sign that he likes you.
- When he talks to you pay attention to his body language. If he is turned to face you directly, this may be a sign he likes you.
- If your crush is not too shy, use casual body contact to determine if he's interested: "Accidentally" touch his knee with yours when he's sitting next to you or "accidentally" touch his arm when you reach out for something near him. If he doesn't pull his limb away spontaneously (and maybe even smiles at you), it's usually a good sign.
- If you're talking to another boy, and the boy you think likes you interrupts the conversation or butts in, it's likely that he likes you. He doesn't want to lose you out to competition!
- If his friends are acting a bit crazy around you he might like you.
- Try to bump into him on “accident”. See how he reacts. If he blushes or smiles in a weird way, he probably likes you.
- Sometimes, the boy does "not" have a crush on you, but he is looking to sexually harass you as a sex object, as a bully/or both. Tell someone immediately! If you can't find the guts to tell your parents -- at least tell a friend to tell their parents. Do not let him get away with it; he needs to learn how to act right!
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Italiano: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: HOW TO TELL IF A GUY LIKES YOU BACK! (HIS RESPONSES!)
How to Stop Being Paranoid
How to Keep Confident When Hanging Around Boys
Nutrition Tips for Bone Cancer Patients
Elizabeth Chabner Thompson, MD, MPH
Drinking Diet Soda Could Wreak Havoc on Your Waistline
Healthy Lifestyle Choices for People With HIV
Are Avocados Making You Fat
The Fastest Way To Slim Your Thighs
Can Math Predict CelebrityDivorce
Las redes sociales, el nuevo escenario para el linchamiento público
Its OK to Have Feelings About the Gender of Your Baby
Miley Cyrus: Photos of New Walmart Collection with MaxAzria