How to Involve a Pet in Christmas
How to Involve a Pet in Christmas
Many people consider their pets to be part of the family, so when it comes to Christmas festivities you might want to include your pet as well. This can be difficult with certain animals, but there are simple ways to include them in the holiday cheer. By making ornaments, gifts, and decorations, you can include your pet in the Christmas celebration.
Displaying Photos of Your Pet
Create an ornament with their picture on it.Take a photo of your pet, then find a small frame with a hook so that you can hang it on the tree. During the holiday season, craft stores may have small decorations that you can glue to the frame, such as foam stickers.
Include them in your family's Christmas card if possible.Just have a member in your family hold the animal or get the animal to stand next to someone in the picture. This will show that they are a part of your family.
- Dressing up your pet can be a fun way to add to the Christmas spirit. A santa hat or mittens can help you accessorize your dog or cat.
- If you are having trouble keeping your pet still for the photo, try taking it while they are already laying down.
Cut out previous photos of your pet and make a collage.You can add Christmas-themed stickers to the edges. Adding snowflakes to the collage can help create a more “wintery” mood, while adding stars and swirls can make it useable for other times of the year as well. Put this next to other Christmas decorations to add to the festive environment.
Involving Your Pet in the Celebration
Decorate your pet to make them appear more festive.For example, you could have your dog wear a Christmas collar or put a red ribbon around your fish tank. These can easily be found at a pet store or a craft supply shop. Hanging up some stockings with their name on it can also be a nice addition. If you want to get creative, you can create your own collar.
Give your pet a gift.While everyone is opening presents, give your pet a gift, such as a bone for a dog or a toy for a cat. It is also fun to wrap your gift for a dog, sometimes they will even unwrap it themselves.
- When wrapping a gift for your pet, make sure the wrapping doesn't have anything that could cut your animal’s mouth or that they may swallow. Tissue paper can be a safe alternative.
- If the gift is edible, try putting a bow on it, then removing it before giving it to your pet.
Give a treat to your pet.You can either make one yourself or buy them from a pet store. Try to avoid giving them human food, and be aware of any allergies your pet may have when giving them treats.
Play with your animal around the holidays.If you live where it snows, take your dog outside to play in the snow. This can be a great chance to get exercise for both you and your dog.
- Go on a hike or run. Just make sure to wear appropriate cold weather clothes.
- If it’s too cold, just spend a little time with your pet inside on Christmas giving it special attention, even if it's just a belly rub.
QuestionIf I have three cats what do I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMy suggestion would be to wrap small gifts from the pet store (e.g. small cat toys, treats, a new bed, etc.) and have them watch you open their presents. Another idea would be to purchase a stocking for each cat and put goodies inside. Good luck, and Meowy Christmas!Thanks!
QuestionHow can you involve an epileptic cat in the festivities without triggering a seizure?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerKeep your decorations low key; don't have any twinkling or flashing lights and keep the cat away from any raucous activities.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I do if my pet is a rat?Cinderheart&ScourgeforeverCommunity AnswerYou can still dress up a rat, and get it treats.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I keep my dog out of the tree?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could keep a baby gate around the tree to prevent anything from happening.Thanks!
- If you plan on taking a photo with an animal, make sure it is in a safe location and that your animal isn't sensitive to a flash or the surroundings.
- Do not put any decoration in an animal’s cage that they can eat, they may choke on it and it could harm them.
- If a younger child is going to be handling the animal, make sure they know not to harm it. Also, if a younger person is going to make an ornament, make sure there is nothing sharp and that they are under supervision.
- If you are going to decorate the animal's cage, make sure it cannot harm the animal. Do not put anything in a reptile or fish tank that is not meant to be animal-safe.
Video: MUST KNOW ! 2 Ways to Involve a Pet in Christmas | How to #003
Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
An AI bot generated its own Goosebumps-inspired scary story
Fashion News: Irina Lazareanu, Lady Gaga More
National security issues flagged with Huawei for Australian 5G network
Judi Dench gets her first tattoo at 81 (and it’s seriously inspiring)
McQ by Alexander McQueen Clothing: AW13 Collection
How to Know if You Should Forgive a Guy
How to Build a Simple Calculator Using Batch Script
How to Measure a TV
How to Bowl an Outswinger in Cricket