HOW TO: Preparing for a Weekend Festival
How to Get Ready for a Weekend Break
Confirm your accommodation and travel arrangements.Sounds obvious, but if your accommodation and travel arrangements aren't confirmed, your fun weekend might turn into a nightmare. Confirm your flights and accommodation the night before you leave. Print off any receipts for travel and accommodation you've paid for online in case you need them.
- If you're lucky enough to be flying to your weekend destination, don't forget ID. You'll need ID at the airport when you check in.
- If you are staying at a friend's holiday house, make sure they're still expecting you and that you know where to collect the keys from. *Check if they have a DVD/Ipod player where you're staying. If they do, you can always take your Ipod and a few DVDs with you.
Think about what clothes you'll need.What are you going to do for the time you'll be away?
- Are you headed somewhere tropical and warm? You'll need sunglasses, short sleeved tees or singlets, light trousers/shorts or skirts, and flip flops or sandals.
- Headed somewhere cold? You'll need warm pants, sweaters, gloves, socks, warm shoes and something warm to sleep in.
- Headed out for dinner to fancy places? Take a smart/casual outfit and shoes to match.
- Pack things that won't crush or crease in your bag, unless of course, you enjoy ironing!
Put out your all your favourite clothes on your bed and pick out 4 outfits you love that suit the weather and location.At a minimum, you'll need:
- Two changes of clothes - and enough underwear- for each day you'll be away.
- An evening outfit especially if you know you're headed somewhere fancy.
- Swimmers, sunglasses and sunblock if you plan to swim or sunbathe.
- Running shoes and clothes if you plan to exercise while you're away.
- Stuff to sleep in - unless you are comfortable with your travel companions knowing you sleep naked!
- Always pack one light sweater or jacket in case the weather changes.
If you don't have what you need, go shopping!
Pack your clothes, toiletries, accessories and make up.
- Pack everything the night before you go. Don't forget your cell/mobile charger. If you have a book you've been dying to finish, throw that in too.
- Most hotels have decent toiletries, but if you know you prefer your own (or you have skin allergies and need your own stuff) pack them. *It's always a good idea to put toiletries into a zip lock travel bag, or even into plastic bags, in case they break/ leak during transit.
- Solid perfume is a good travel alternative to perfume bottles. You can avoid a perfume/aftershave bottle breaking in transit by putting it inside a shoe.
Think twice before packing valuable jewelry.If you couldn't bear to lose it, either hide it well in your luggage, wear it every day you're there or leave it at home.
Make room in your luggage if you're planning to do some shopping while you're away.Seasoned travellers leave room in their bag for the goodies they buy and bring home, or take an empty tote bag they can fill up later.
Check out fun activities, restaurants and tourist sights.
Is there a great restaurant near where you're staying?Can you do a tour or visit a famous site? Do some research online and make notes of anything fun you'd like to do while you're away.
Get someone to feed your dog, cat and goldfish.
Enjoy your weekend break!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- It's no fun lying on a beach at your destination worrying about whether you left the stove on. Turn off all your electrical appliances and check the stove is off before you leave - twice, if you need to.
- Many seasoned travellers pride themselves on 'packing light'. There's certainly merit in that, but how much you take is really up to you; if you like to wear 3-4 different outfits in a day, you'll be miserable with less. Take whatyou need, not what your mother or well-meaning travelling companion says you need.
Video: How to Prepare for an Airsoft Weekend
Winter Boots for Women
3 Ways to Use Coupons
Kris Jenner’s Instagram Is Making Fans Think that Kendall Jenner Is PregnantToo
Chanel Plans to Show Its Upcoming Cruise Collection inDubai
The Latest Nike FuelBand is Still Kind of a Glorified Pedometer
Body Moisturizer Tips
Game of Thrones is so popular it is changing the way we watch porn
This Ancient Beauty Tool Is My Skins Best-Kept Secret
If You Have Dry Skin, These 7 Habits Are BigNo-Nos
Basic LTD 40 Garment Bag BSIC1033 Color: Navy
How to Prepare a Customer Invoice
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation - Pearl -Very fair wrosy undertones
Date: 10.12.2018, 17:36 / Views: 75174