10 Best Motorcycle Batteries 2017
How to Buy Motorcycle Batteries
Motorcycle batteries provide a burst of energy to the engine so the motorcycle can start and run. It is smaller than a car battery, but functions the same. Since it is smaller and lighter than a battery found in an automobile, it often costs less. However, motorcycle batteries need to be maintained and replaced the same way car batteries do. Buy motorcycle batteries from your mechanic, at auto supply stores or online.
Buy new batteries every 3 to 5 years.Motorcycle batteries that are well-maintained will last at least 3 years.
Look at your current motorcycle battery.This is the type of battery you should buy.
- Consult the handbook that came with your motorcycle. It should list the type of battery to use with your particular model.
Choose a battery with a performance record you trust.Even when you know what brand and model of battery to buy based on the type of motorcycle you have, there will still be choices.
- Buy a maintenance-free motorcycle battery to cut down on water loss. This type of battery seals shut once it is filled with acid, so you will never need to fill it or check the fluid level.
- Choose an AGM battery if you do not plan to charge it often. This type of motorcycle battery holds gravity longer than conventional batteries and will not need to be charged as frequently. It is a good choice for periods of winter storage.
- Buy a conventional motorcycle battery if you want something rugged and reliable. These batteries are dependable and meet all industry standards. They work well in any weather and can handle vibrating surfaces or harsh environments.
Consider climate when buying a motorcycle battery.Those who live in hot climates such as Florida need a battery with a longer life.
Think about the length of your trips.If you take short trips on your motorcycle, buy a battery that does not need to recharge often. The short distances do not allow the alternator to charge for very long.
Talk to your dealer about the best battery.The person who sold you your motorcycle should be able to recommend and sell you a battery.
- Prepare to pay a little more than if you shop on your own. However, it may be worth it since you will be following reliable advice.
Buy motorcycle batteries from an auto parts store.Retailers such as The Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts and Sears sell batteries for all motorcycle makes and models.
- See if the associates at the store will help you install it. Sometimes they offer free installation with the purchase of a battery.
Check online for a larger selection and lower prices.Sites such as offer motorcycles batteries from all manufacturers.
- Take advantage of the customer service hotline. Associates can help you choose your battery and answer any questions you might have while you are shopping.
Make sure your battery charger is compatible with the battery you buy.
QuestionCan I take the battery from my RX1 and put in my Yahama just for today?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf it's a 12 volt battery for the RX1, and it's a 12 volt battery needed for the Yamaha, you'd almost certainly be fine. Check online for which brand(s) of battery is suggested for the Yamaha, and compare it with the RX1 battery you have. Check the numbers on the battery also, it is unlikely, but they may vary. You're probably fine.Thanks!
QuestionCan a Quickstart charge off a charger be used to start a motorcycle?Adam MonkCommunity AnswerPerhaps. However, a quick way to bump-start a motorcycle on a flat battery is to turn the key to the on position, put it in 1st gear, and while holding the clutch, start moving the bike to a jogging/running pace> Drop the clutch, then it should start.Thanks!
Are regular motorcycle batteries the same as those in electric motorcycles?
Video: AMAZING CHEAP BATTERY FOR MOTORCYCLES
How to Make a No Sew Fleece Scarf
How to Make Buckeyes
10 New Short Hairstyles To Inspire You
Navy And White DIY One-Piece Swimsuit
Meghan Markle Paid Tribute to Princess Diana in a Beautiful Way Today
Study Finds Why Australians Are Bad At Paying Bills
1500 Calorie Diet Plan
How to Keep Confident When Hanging Around Boys
Questions About Crohns Disease
McQ By Alexander McQueen Resort 2015 Collection
How to Label a Chart
Your Simple 7-Day Plan To Lower Sugar In Your Diet
Watch: bosu ball push-up workout
How to Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich