Top 10 Most EXOTIC Chicken Breeds | Top 10 Tuesdays
How to Breed Exotic Chickens
Whether you are interested in raising exotic poultry for your own backyard flock or as a business endeavor, learning how to breed exotic chickens can be crucial to your success. Exotic breeds of chickens include Cochin, Mayans, Polish, Sumatra, as well as many others. They can be used for eggs, meat, or just to add a distinctive quality to your flock.
Join an online group for exotic chicken breeders interested in raising exotic poultry.An online group can be a useful venue for finding feed and equipment suppliers, solving chicken medical problems, and locating pertinent information specific to exotic chickens.
Find a supplier for your exotic chicken breeding stock by looking online, inquiring at your local food store, or by perusing the animal classifieds in your local papers.You may find older breeding pairs from local breeders, by attending poultry auctions, or by looking online for breeders within your area. Sometimes it may be hard to find the older pairs and you may have to start with chicks.
Provide adequate housing for your exotic poultry that is comfortable, clean, and has a yard for exercise and sunlight.
Administer feed appropriate to the breed and the stage of development of your exotics.You can ask your local feed store to determine what your exotics need to be fed.
Separate the exotic chickens by breeds if you are raising more than one breed of exotic poultry.You should provide separate housing and yards for each type of chicken that you raise.
Choose a method for raising your exotic chicks.Once you have raised your exotic chicken breeding stock and the chickens have begun to produce eggs, you must decide whether you are going to let the hens raise the chicks or if you are going to incubate the eggs and raise the chicks separately from the breeding stock.
- If you choose to incubate the eggs, remove the eggs from the hens as they are laid until you have enough to incubate.
Sell the young exotic chickens or use them as replacement breeders.
- Always give the hens a quiet, dark area for laying and setting on their eggs.
- Raising the chicks of exotic poultry separately requires equipment such as incubators, brooders, and a separate yard where the young chickens will not get picked on by older chickens.
- Chicken feeds vary greatly, and you should ensure you're using the correct feed for your exotic chickens. Some feed is designed specifically for different stages in a chicken's development while others are for meat birds or can encourage egg layers to produce more eggs. Still other chicken feed may be medicated.
- Hatcheries will often mail chicks but may not sell older exotic chickens ready for breeding.
- Don't assume all chickens make good mothers. Certain breeds of exotic poultry are known for their exceptional mothering behaviors while others are known for being exceptionally bad mothers. You should do additional research as to the nature of your exotics before deciding whether to incubate your eggs or to let the hens raise the chicks.
- Be aware that some exotic chickens may be harder to raise than others. Do some research into what breeds are right for you before beginning to breed exotics.
Video: Top10 RAREST CHICKEN BREEDS from Europe, Part 1 Appenzeller, Styrian, Westphalian, Sebright chickens
The 9 Best Amazon Prime Day Deals On Smart Tech And Electronics
How to Improve Your Computer Skills to Get Ahead in Your Career
Fudge Partner With British Fashion Council
Chef Richards Vegetarian Fried Quinoa and Spring Rolls
Creative Alternatives to the Unity Candle Wedding Ceremony
Kendall Jenner Shimmies in a Flower Crown in Rock the Vote Video forMillennials
How to Have Your Me Time
How to Make a Money Tree
Rochas Fall 2019 RTW Overwhelms Us With Regal Velvet Rich Colors
15 aliados de belleza para llevar al gimnasio
How to Grill a Perfect Steak