Easy Beef and Broccoli
Healthier Chinese Food Style Beef and Broccoli
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Includes 4g Added Sugars||8%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep10 min, Cook20 min
Servings4 (1 1/4 cup each)
Craving Chinese take-out but need a ? Make a lighter and -friendly version filled with lean protein and extra servings of crispy vegetables.
No worries if you don’t have a wok—a cast iron skillet works amazingly well for this recipe. Prep the ingredients ahead of time and cook up dinner in less than 25 minutes!
- 12 ounces flank steak
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger root, minced
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 small head bok choy, chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium wheat-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Trim away any excess fat from steak and thinly slice on a bias against the grain.
- Heat oil in wok or cast iron skillet.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add steak. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until steak begins to brown.
- Add broccoli and bok choy and season with black pepper.
- Add tamari, honey, and lime juice.
- Toss and allow to cook for 5 minutes until steak is cooked and vegetables are crisp.
- Serve immediately.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Broccoli and bok choy are traditional ingredients for a dish like this but you can swap those out for other vegetables. Suggestions include carrots, bell pepper, snow peas, and asparagus. Whatever you choose, you'll add boats of nutrition to the dish, including anti-inflammatory vitamin C, calcium, and more.
Cooking and Serving Tips
Flank steak is a lean yet tasty cut of beef. Slicing the steak on a bias and “against the grain” ensures that the meat will be tender and easy to chew when cooked.
Video: Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe (Healthy, Easy, Great For Meal Prep)
176 Original Emoji Are Now Part Of MoMAs Permanent Art Collection
Your Guide to the Best Pizza in New York City in 2019
Your Diabetes Checklist
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Increasing Salt Intake Tied to Diabetes Risk
Suspicious package sent to Robert De Niro NYC restaurant: NYPD
Cardio Workouts: Fix Yours
Acura True Touchpad Interface infotainment system: Review, photos
Woez: The App That Combines Uber Tinder For Bromance
The Nail Polish Michelle Williams, Rachel Bilson More Stars Are Loving Now
How to Transport a Guinea Pig