Mini Deep Dish Pizza
8 Mini Pizzas
*calculations for pizza dough (crust) only, not toppings Yields: 25 mini pizza crusts | Serving Size: 1 pizza | Calories: 106 | Previous Points: 2 | Points Plus: 3 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 175 mg | Carbohydrates: 18 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 3 g |
Mini Pizza Bases
- 1 (0.8-ounce) cube fresh baker's yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups whole wheat flour + extra for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + more for drizzling
- Crumble the yeast in a small bowl then add the sugar, about 1/2 cup of lukewarm water then mix well until yeast melts.
- Mix the salt with the remaining water.
- Put the flour in a large bowl (or better in a mixer) then add the yeast mixture, oil and salted water. Mix the ingredients very well until the dough becomes smooth, elastic and a little bit sticky. If the dough is too sticky to work with, add more flour (not so much though because the the less flour there is the better it will be) until you have a ball. Make sure it doesn't become too dry with too much flour.
- Take away the dough from the bowl, sprinkle some flour at the bottom of the bowl then put back the dough. Cover with a clean cloth and let it rest in a warm, draft-free place for 2 hours (or until the volume of the dough rises to twice its size.
- After the dough rises, put it on the working table and flatten with a rolling pin.
Video: Mini Pizza (Chicken Tikka) by Food Fusion Kids
NEW Gap Banana Republic website launches today
Daily Life with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Skinny Ms. 6-Week Flat Belly Program
8 Rose Petal Recipes for Skin
Yikes Your Yoga Mat Is Way Dirtier Than YouThink
How to Evaluate Store Credit Card Offers
The Braided Headband: Simple, Chic and Girly
How to Celebrate International Polar Bear Day
Beauty Challenge: Teen Wolf’ Star Arden Cho RULES at Applying Blush and Mascara at the SameTime
How to Make Chicharrón
Butter LONDON to Launch Color Cosmetics
How 5 Doctors Who Deal With Germs All Day Long Avoid Getting Sick